NOTICE: Reopening on July 6, 2020.
NOTICE: Reopening on July 6, 2020.
Important Information: Please Read Prior to Coming to the Clinic
As Ontario begins to reopen and restart more businesses, I am now able to SLOWLY resume providing massage therapy treatments. I will be returning to the clinic and taking patients starting on Monday, July 6, 2020. Please keep in mind that this is a very slow and gradual return to work, and I will be prioritizing patients with more urgent needs first. All clients can be treated at this time, however, I must use my professional judgement to ensure the anticipated benefit of treatment outweighs the risk (including the risk of COVID-19). This is in keeping with the directive as given by the Chief Medical Officer of Ontario in relation to all healthcare providers returning to work.
My schedule will be at a limited capacity to start, to allow for proper implementation of the new Public Health protocols, so I ask for your patience with this gradual process.
So, you may be wondering about what to expect when coming for a massage at this time. I hope that this guideline will help you feel safer and more confident as you come back to the clinic for your next massage therapy treatment.
Please Note: These guidelines are in place to ensure the health and safety of EVERYONE. Please read this ahead of your massage therapy appointment, as the guidelines will be strictly enforced, and I want everyone to experience a seamless transition back to the massage table!
Before Your Appointment:
- When booking your appointment, be patient, and assess your own needs. I am required to prioritize patients with more essential/urgent care needs.
- Please use the washroom at home or work PRIOR to coming to the clinic. We are restricting bathroom use and would ask that you refrain from using the washroom during your visit if possible. I realize that sometimes this is not feasible, but any planning on your part would be greatly appreciated as I will need to disinfect the bathroom every time it is used.
- Upon arrival, please come alone, and as close to your appointment time as possible. If you are unable to arrive alone, the person accompanying you will be screened, asked to provide their name and phone number for contact tracing purposes and must bring a cloth or disposable mask to wear.
- I will ask you to wait outside or in your car as close to your appointment time as possible. Please text me to let me know you are outside and I will meet you at the door. My cell is 6472237884.
- You will notice that there is more time between available appointments. This is because I need more time between patients to fulfill all new cleaning and disinfecting procedures and protocols.
- I will tell you about all public health measures I have implemented to ensure it is as safe as possible to treat you.
- Reminder: As stated in the previous correspondence, I have increased my fees for all treatment times. Please visit the "Services and Rates" section on this website get the updated fee schedule.
COVID-19 ScreeningYou will be screened for your risk of COVID-19 twice per scheduled appointment.
- Initial Screening: you will receive a Screening Tool via email 24 hours prior to your appointment time. You MUST fill this out. If you do not have an email address, please ensure I have a telephone number you can be reached at so I may screen you over the phone prior to our appointment. If you have an email and would like to provide it please email me at [email protected]
- In-Person Screening: I will screen you again at the door upon your arrival at the clinic.
Should you answer 'yes' to any of the questions, please DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC, but self-isolate immediately and call your primary health care provider or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) for further direction.
My cancellation policy will be eased to accommodate.
*However if you do not comply with the screening process and/or refuse to be screened you will FORFEIT your appointment and we will need to reschedule. Cancellation fees will apply.
At Your Appointment:
When you arrive at your massage therapy appointment you will:
- Arrive wearing either a clean cloth mask or a new surgical/medical mask to your appointment. The use of masks upon entry to the clinic is MANDATORY. You will be asked to wear it for the duration of the treatment. Please refrain from fiddling with/touching the mask as you will be asked to wash/sanitize your hands when doing so. If you do not have a mask, I can provide one for a $2.00 fee. If you have a health condition that makes wearing a mask difficult, I will need to assess the risks of continuing treatment. If you have any concerns about wearing a mask, please contact me in advance.
- Be required to disinfect your hands upon arrival. You will see signage outlining proper handwashing and hand sanitizing procedures. There will be multiple hand hygiene stations throughout the clinic. Please do not wear gloves to your appointment as they can be contaminated if worn outside of the clinic. With proper hand hygiene, gloves will not be necessary during your visit to the clinic.
- Be asked to provide your name and phone number in a log to be used for potential future contact tracing. You may choose to refuse to provide this information.
- Keep chit-chat to a minimum. I realize we have not seen each other in a while, and we would like to catch up, but let's get you on the table in a timely manner. We will have less of a time buffer as I need to ensure I have enough time between patients to follow disinfection and cleaning protocols. If you are late for your appointment, I will be more strict and must adhere to your booked timeslot to allow for proper disinfection after your treatment. You will be charged for the treatment time that was originally booked.
- See that the waiting room looks a bit different, with any seats spaced two meters apart (seats may also be removed) and you won’t see things like magazines or a water service, which are difficult to disinfect.
- See signage at entrances and reception areas that outline the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, what to do if one is at risk, and how to limit transmission, including signage reiterating the requirement to wear a mask and wash your hands before proceeding.
- Keep your belongings on the plastic chair or hung up on the hooks provided in the treatment room. We are asking people to limit the number of surfaces their belongings touch to prevent any possible transmission.
During Your Appointment:
While the treatment will remain as normal as possible, there will be a couple of changes.
- You must wear your mask during the treatment (that includes face down as well).
- I will also be wearing a mask all times and other PPE if needed.
- I will not be doing intra-oral work for the time being.
After the Appointment:
After your appointment and as you go to pay and leave the clinic, things will be different as well.
- If you’ve gotten paper receipts in the past, I have gone paperless where possible to discourage touching any shared surfaces. I would ask you, if possible, to provide me with a current email address so I can send you your receipt virtually. I will not use your email for any other purpose than important clinic updates or electronic receipts. I will not use it for promotional purposes.
- I will no longer be taking payment at the front desk. I will be taking payment in the treatment room via non-contact forms of payment if possible (e.g. tap with a debit or credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay) and will discourage the use of cash.
- After the appointment, I will wash my hands (including forearms and elbows) with soap and water before and after disinfecting. I will then clean and disinfect anything used during the appointment.
- While you are not receiving massage therapy treatment, (ie: in-person screening, intake, discussion, payment, etc) we will need to follow physical distancing measures and maintain a 2-meter distance from each other.
- You will sanitize your hands.
Cleaning and Disinfection:
To keep everyone as safe as possible and the clinic in line with current Infection Prevention and Control measures as prescribed by Public Health Ontario, I will be increasing disinfection and cleaning protocols. This includes:
- Changing linens, and blankets between patients which will be washed and dried on the highest heat setting possible.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces (e.g. light switches, doorknobs, countertops, etc.) at least twice per day.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the washroom after every use.
- Disinfecting the treatment room and all of its equipment between patients. This includes but is not limited to the massage table, pillow coverings, stool, oil bottle, and face cradle. Any face cradle cover is changed after each patient.
I realize this is a very detailed guideline of what to expect, but I want to make sure that everyone is informed prior to their arrival at the clinic so there are no surprises. Remember, these guidelines and protocols are in place to ensure the health and safety of EVERYONE. I appreciate your understanding and I look forward to seeing you soon!
To book an appointment, please contact me either via this site, email or phone below.
647 223 7884
If you would like to subscribe to my email blasts for updates please click the link below.
I hope you can find this site helpful as well as informative about Massage Therapy and how it relates to your overall health and well being. Whether you want to manage everyday aches and pains, treat injuries or maintain optimal health, Massage Therapy can play an effective and important role in your healthcare journey.
Please do not hesitate to contact her for further information about how Massage Therapy can benefit you!
647 223 7884
Other Important Related Links:
Registered Massage Therapists' Association of Ontario
College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario