Important Information: Please Read Prior to Coming to the Clinic
I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Here is some information on what to expect when coming to the clinic for treatment at this time. At Bloor West Village Chiropractic we are taking the Covid precautions seriously and following them to the letter to ensure a safe clinic environment.
My schedule is at a limited capacity right now due to Covid protocols, so unfortunately, I am unable to see any new patients at this time. If this changes I will post the change on the website.
Please Note: These guidelines are in place to ensure the health and safety of EVERYONE. Please read this ahead of your massage therapy appointment, as the guidelines will be strictly enforced during your visit to the clinic.
Before Your Appointment:
- Please use the washroom at home or work if possible PRIOR to coming to the clinic. We are restricting bathroom use and would ask that you refrain from using the washroom during your visit if possible.
- Upon arrival, please come alone, and as close to your appointment time as possible. If you are unable to arrive alone, the person accompanying you will be screened, asked to provide their name and phone number for contact tracing purposes and must bring a cloth or disposable mask to wear.
- I will ask you to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes ahead of your appointment time.
- You will notice that there is more time between available appointments. This is because I need more time between patients to fulfill all cleaning and disinfecting procedures and protocols.
Pre-Screening: you will receive a Screening Tool via email 24 hours prior to your appointment time. You MUST fill this out prior to your arrival. If you do not have an email address, please ensure I have a telephone number you can be reached at so I may screen you over the phone prior to our appointment.
Please cancel your appointment ASAP if you do not pass the screening to allow for some time to offer the appointment to another patient.
Should you answer 'yes' to any of the questions, please DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC, but self-isolate immediately and call your primary health care provider or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) for further direction.
*This also includes possible vaccination side effects as well.*
*However if you do not comply with the screening process and/or refuse to be screened you will FORFEIT your appointment and we will need to reschedule. Cancellation fees will apply.
At Your Appointment:
When you arrive at your massage therapy appointment you will:
- Arrive wearing either a clean cloth mask or a new surgical/medical mask to your appointment. The use of masks upon entry to the clinic is MANDATORY. You will be asked to wear it for the duration of the treatment. Please refrain from fiddling with/touching the mask as you will be asked to wash/sanitize your hands when doing so. If you do not have a mask, I can provide one for a $2.00 fee. If you have a health condition that makes wearing a mask difficult, I will need to assess the risks of continuing treatment. If you have any concerns about wearing a mask, please contact me in advance.
- Be required to disinfect your hands upon arrival. You will see signage outlining proper handwashing and hand sanitizing procedures. There will be multiple hand hygiene stations throughout the clinic. Please do not wear gloves to your appointment as they can be contaminated if worn outside of the clinic. With proper hand hygiene, gloves will not be necessary during your visit to the clinic.
- Be asked to provide your name and phone number in a log to be used for potential future contact tracing. You may choose to refuse to provide this information.
- See that the waiting room looks a bit different, with any seats spaced two meters apart (seats may also be removed) and you won’t see things like magazines or a water service, which are difficult to disinfect.
- See signage at entrances and reception areas that outline the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, what to do if one is at risk, and how to limit transmission, including signage reiterating the requirement to wear a mask and wash your hands before proceeding.
- Keep your belongings on the plastic chair or hung up on the hooks provided in the treatment room. We are asking people to limit the number of surfaces their belongings touch to prevent any possible transmission.
During Your Appointment:
While the treatment will remain as normal as possible, there will be a couple of changes.
- You must wear your mask during the treatment (that includes face down as well).
- I will also be wearing a mask all times and other PPE if needed.
- I will not be doing intra-oral work for the time being.
After the Appointment:
After your appointment and as you go to pay and leave the clinic, things will be different as well.
- I would ask you, if possible, to provide me with a current email address so I can send you your receipt virtually. I will not use your email for any other purpose than important clinic updates or electronic receipts. I will not use it for promotional purposes.
- I will no longer be taking payment at the front desk. I will be taking payment in the treatment room via non-contact forms of payment if possible (e.g. tap with a debit or credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay) and will discourage the use of cash.
- After the appointment, I will wash my hands (including forearms and elbows) with soap and water before and after disinfecting. I will then clean and disinfect anything used during the appointment.
- While you are not receiving massage therapy treatment, (ie: in-person screening, intake, discussion, payment, etc) we will need to follow physical distancing measures and maintain a 2-meter distance from each other.
- You will sanitize your hands.
Cleaning and Disinfection Protocols:
- Changing linens, and blankets between patients which will be washed and dried on the highest heat setting possible.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces (e.g. light switches, doorknobs, countertops, etc.) at least twice per day.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the washroom after every use.
- Disinfecting the treatment room and all of its equipment between patients. This includes but is not limited to the massage table, pillow coverings, stool, oil bottle, and face cradle. Any face cradle cover is changed after each patien
To book an appointment, please contact me either via this site, email or phone below.
647 223 7884
I hope you can find this site helpful as well as informative about Massage Therapy and how it relates to your overall health and well being. Whether you want to manage everyday aches and pains, treat injuries or maintain optimal health, Massage Therapy can play an effective and important role in your healthcare journey.
Please do not hesitate to contact her for further information about how Massage Therapy can benefit you!
Other Important Related Links:
Registered Massage Therapists' Association of Ontario
College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario